As of 13th January the local newspapers are quoting further reductions in budget cuts. These include:
1) A reduction of street sweeping in residential roads from every 5 days to every 10 – meaning your road WILL become a lot dirtier, with more litter, and the potential to increase the rat and fox population blighting Wanstead.
2) Cancellation of street sweeping of all smaller shopping areas.
3) Cancellation of street sweeping in Wanstead High Street in the early mornings between 6 and 8 am. This means the High Street will become much dirtier, and with no litter picking services on Sundays rat and fox populations will increase as a result.
4) Reduction in the size of staff responsible for enforcement, so more abandoned cars, less adherence to shop front signage regulations.
5) Reduction in Parks Police. One Sergeant and 4 Constables to be sacked! Crime will increase as will anti social behavior.
AND FOR LESS, YOU PAY MORE. COUNCIL TAX IS DUE TO RISE BY 3.1% FROM APRIL 1ST 2012!