Chairman: Scott Wilding
Scott Wilding has been involved with the Society since 2007, when he began Vice Chair and has been the Chair of the Society since 2009. Scott has lived in Wanstead all his life having attended Wanstead Church School and then Wanstead High. He is also a trustee of the Wanstead Playground Association and a member of the Christchurch with St Mary’s Friends fundraising group.
Vice-chair: Eileen Flinter
Eileen Flinter has lived in the area since 1989. She worked in education before retiring and now enjoys having time to shop locally, meeting friends for coffee and combining this with dog walking. Eileen organises our annual calendar and is currently deputy chair of the society. Other interests include travelling to as many countries as possible, fundraising for Oxfam and volunteering in a prison.
Secretary: Elinor James
My husband and I moved to Wanstead in 1999, initially for its proximity to the M11 and thus to our home in Northamptonshire where we intended to retire. But life doesn’t go according to plan… and our enjoyment of living here and the charm of Wanstead made
the decision to stay an obvious one. I am pleased to be involved with the Wanstead Society and support its aim to protect and enhance our locality whilst encouraging good design and promoting the very best in development.
I am also a member of the Library’s Monday morning reading group.
- Membership Secretary: Scott Wilding
- Press & Publicity Officer: (vacant)
- Treasurer: Peter Arben
- Newsletter Editor: Geoff Horsnell
- Officers: Marian Temple, Geoff Horsnell, Sarah Mcleod-Cerezo, Katriya Ibrahim, Iris Vandenberghe
- Planning Consultant: Roger Estop
- Website: Gabrielle Collard
- Friends of Epping Forest Consultant: Robert Levene
- Residents’ Forum, Cleansing Department: Iris Vandenberghe