- Winston Churchill was our local MP
- James Bradley is remembered with a green plaque on the Corner House
We hope you will be able to join us for another year as we plan more social events, tree planting and activities to make Wanstead a better place to live.
Its just £10 a year per home to join, so we hope that you will for this small annual fee. Your support and funding keep the Society going – as it has done over the last 22 years – and we are always thankful for that help.
If you woul like to renew there is a button on this page to do so. You can pay by credit card or by pay pal. If you woul like to pay by cheque please post one to
Wanstead Society C/o Wanstead House
21 The Green, Wanstead, E11.
Thnak you for your support.
They would like to know what matters most to you in how Whipps Cross might change in the future?
- An accessible site with flexibility to change and space to accommodate growth
- An urban framework that responds to the existing site to deliver economic, social and environmental well-being
An accessible site that promotes sustainable and active travel by limiting the impact of vehicles of site, anticipating gradual reduction in car use.
- Capturing the benefit of the hospital’s green setting and providing new green space for the community.
- Retaining key elements of locally listed historic buildings within the hospital site.
They are also keen to know if you think that there any priorities missing from the list above.
To find out more about the Whipps Cross Community Engagement Action Group and how you can take part in their work on the potential redevelopment of Whipps Cross Hospital email Councillor Daniel Morgan-Thomas at Daniel.firstname.lastname@example.org
A big thank you to all who came to our Summer Social in the Nightingale on Wednesday 3rd July. It was great to see so many of you there, and we would like to thank the staff at the Nightingale Pub for looking after us. Congratulations to the many winners of prizes, we hope you enjoy the wine and beauty treatments
Our next social event will be in autumn so please look out for details